One thing I would like to do again is get back to doing exercises that involve curiosity.
Today I realized I hadn’t done the Exploring Feelings exercise for a long time, so I tried it again.
- Am I feeling a positive or negative feeling right now? Answer: A little negative.
- On a scale of -10 to +10 where would I put my feeling? (-10 is “Couldn’t feel worse” and +10 “Couldn’t feel better”) Answer: It’s a -1.
- What name would I give this feeling? Answer: Slightly overwhelmed
- How do I know that is what I am feeling? Answer: Adrenalin buzz and trouble concentrating.
- Recapitulation, and with it a kind of acknowledgement, of the feelings involved. Recap: negative, -1, slightly overwhelmed, adrenalin buzz and trouble concentrating. OK. Let’s get on with life.